Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Having a moment.

So, it's Menswear Fashion Week for Spring 2011 in Milan right now. Ok, whatever, menswear is never as cool or exciting as regular fashion week, but I gotta take what I can. This year two fashion shows are sticking out in my mind. Not necessarily for the clothes at all.

First, let's take a look at Bottega Veneta.



WHERE DID THEY FIND THOSE MODELS. They are the best. Like...not too skinny...not too styled...kind of scruffy...pumpin' up the chest hair. Seriously. Way to get the styling right. Real men wearing real clothes. Yep.

Then, we look at Emporio Armani.







This is the gayest shit I've ever seen. "Oh, just going for a walk in my leather pants, hat, and backpack! Maybe I'll throw on my bondage-esque belly chain with my clam-digger leather pants! Nah. I'll just wear my singlet. Backwards. With man sandals. That'll be a good idea."

WHAT? This show is too much to watch. It's like they should have been pumping that weird disinfectant-bleachy smell that the bathrooms at sleazy gay bars always have into the fashion show. Great. Can't wait to see people wearing mesh blazers over their leather bondage singlets...

No comments: